Intentional blogging strategies for creative business owners
You know you’re supposed to have a blog to go along with your creative business. (That’s what the “experts” say, anyway.) So you pour time and energy into writing amazing blog posts. Well, that’s what you try to do. In reality, your business blog looks more like this:
- You need a blog post for this week, but you can’t seem to find time to write.
- You finally sit down to write your blog post . . . at 9 p.m. the night before your post should go out. You’re too exhausted to write, but you’re afraid to miss a week of blogging.
- You’ll just whip up this quick post and be in bed by 10:30. No big deal. Except you have no idea what to blog about.
- You finally come up with a topic and spend hours writing and editing your post. Blogging always seems to take longer than it should.
- You frantically hit publish and go to bed . . . at 3:00 a.m.
- You wake up groggy, crabby, and disappointed that no one seems to care about this post you worked so hard on. How in the world is blogging supposed to get you clients, anyway?
You’re putting effort into your blog, so your blog had better be pulling its weight in your creative business.
If your business blog is stressing you out and not bringing in clients, you’ve come to the right place.
Get started with your free Content Strategy Cheat Sheet
All the smart blog strategies, none of the overwhelm.
I’m Ashley Brooks, resident content strategist, writer, podcast cohost, and work-at-home mama.
I used to feel like my blog was running me. I was always scrambling to write posts, sacrificing family time to work on the blog, and never seeing any results.
All that changed when I started using a content strategy. Now my blog works hard for my business so I don’t have to.
Together, we can create a blog strategy that builds your creative business and leaves you with more time to live your life, not less.
Last-minute blogging wasn’t going to work anymore.
That’s when I created a simple content strategy that fit into my life as a work-at-home mama.